What personal information do we collect?
We may collect personal information which we receive when you:
- Purchase our products
- use our services or are a recipient of our services
- use our websites or other sites accessible from our website;
- contact us.
We may collect the following types of information:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- video information from CCTV recording systems deployed at our sites for security and safety reasons;
- information required to provide you with a product or service, and details of our products purchased or services that you have used;
- your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number;
- your payment information such as credit or debit card details;
- information collected through using our websites, for example by cookies;
- details of any enquiry or complaint.
When are information collected?
The information collected may include those you provide where you
- complete one of our forms or receipts;
- contract with us;
- enter information on our websites or subscribe to a newsletter;
- contact us in writing or by phone or;
- which is recorded on mail or parcels sent to you from us.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To provide you and other customers with services that you may request from us or selected third parties.
- To administer payments
- To recover debts
- To conduct credit checks
- To resolve queries and complaints
- To improve and develop our products & services, including our customer service standards
- To tell you about our products and services
- To protect security e.g. to check your identity when you use our services
- To comply with our legal obligations
How do we protect your information?
We are committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis with Malware scanning for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as we need it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
Accessing your personal information
Accessing and updating how we use your personal information
You have certain rights with respect to the personal information we hold about you, which subject to laws, include the following:
- Request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- Inform us of a correction to your personal data;
- Exercise your right to restrict our use of your personal data;
- Exercise your right to erase your personal data; or
- Object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data.
You can exercise your rights to any of the above by contacting us directly in writing. See ‘Contacting us’.
Requests must be made in writing and proof of identification is required in order to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be able locate your information. For example, dates and details of the websites or services that you have used. An optional form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly. However, you will still be able to place orders when applicable .
Confidentiality and data sharing
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
A customer may allow us to provide them with information about products and services that we, or third parties we have selected, which may be of interest to them. We will only do this where a customer has agreed to receive such information.
The marketing channels used may include all means of communication e.g. email, post, phone, SMS text message and other electronic means. If electronic channels are to be used this will be specifically stated when we collect your details.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with GDPR, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, you may request to opt-out (unsubscribe) at any time.
If your information has been passed to third parties you may need to contact them if you change your mind in relation to their continued use of your information.
You can opt-out and request changes to other marketing consents provided to us by writing to us (see ‘Contacting us’ below).
We will promptly remove you from correspondence as per your request.
Camptech Products Limited
Unit 28, Stretford Motorway Estate
Barton Dock Road
Stretford, Manchester M32 0ZH
Last updated on 22-05-2018